Followers

Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Whole New Me...

Forgotten. That about describes this blog. Over a year ago, in the last stretch of 2008, I decided to chronicle my days and my thoughts here in a blog. I made it through two entries before I just about forgot about it until finding it again recently. I look back at that person I was then, and I laugh. Not cause of lameness of the posts or something so juvenile. No I laugh cause I hardly recognize that person. So full of bile and resentment. Full of negativity and heartache. I hardly know who I was anymore at that point. I could go into detail about the times of 2008, but they matter not. The past is the past, and all I can do is learn from it. Hiding within the good times of before and cursing the bad does nothing for my present or my future. I'm a different man now than I was then. The love of a good woman keeps me going in hard times, and a new positive outlook upon life is helping day by day. There is a lot of beauty and grace in this world and to deprive myself of such sights while diving into negativity is criminal.

Do I miss the old days? Working alongside my friends and enjoying life to the fullest all the time? Sure, but I can't wallow in that anymore. I need to move forward and embrace what is coming. It's a hard journey to be sure. There are still bumps to be smoothed out. Plans to be made. But in the end I'll be able to hold my head up high and say "I did it. I did this." And that is a feeling that is worth every step of the way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

do it scottie...you got this!