Followers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Support System

Support. It's something that is needed for anything really stand tall and be strong as possible. Without strong and good support even the most well built of buildings would tumble down. Support is what keeps us going day after day no matter what is thrown at us. Whether that support comes from family, or a loved one, or even a good group of friends it's the same. It keeps you steady and true, while keeping you upon the path you need to walk in life. Without good support a person is likely to waver and fall back into bad behavior or fall off the path into disarray. One can not underestimate the importance of support.

My support system was damaged before. I had built myself what I thought was a sturdy system but there were flaws. The support wasn't really built around the people that surrounded me. It was built around a common place. A school and a work place that was what brought us all together. Without those places the support began to crack and eventually crumble. There is no one to blame as it is just the nature of such things. Sometimes a friendship that is believed to be is only so because of common circumstances and thus is life.

Support was needed again in my case, yet I couldn't find a way to build it. Contact was lost with all those from before as they drifted away to new and exciting things. Wallowing in the debris of before, the future slipped by. A new support system is being built, still a bit shaky but sturdier by the day. One of the most important parts of the center is Ingela, holder of my heart. Along with my sister, it all helps me along each day. The two of them are the base for a new support system. The support is never fully completed as there is always room for more, yet for now there is none. Perhaps the future might hold more...

No comments: