Followers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Days and Years

Seventeen days. Two years. One year and four months. All three are significant amounts of time to me right now. In seventeen days I get to see Ingela again after almost two months at that point. The sporadic amount of time we get to see one another breaks my heart a little cause life is so much simpler with her in my arms and by my side. I don't worry. I don't procrastinate. I don't destroy my life with negativity over and over. Everything just seems so perfect when were together. I look forward every moment to the day I can be with her for good and no more having to travel back and forth and long for another day together.

Two years. It's been just over two years since I took the first fateful trip to Utah that changed everything in my life. I recall it was the first of many times that I lied to my parent's to their faces about things that had to do with Utah and the girls there. I recall how everyone feared for my safety going, but I did it anyways. I remember getting off the plane in Las Vegas and navigating the airport to spot two girls with a sign with the name of the online RPG thorough which we met. I vividly remember spotting one of them and thinking about how beautiful she was and hoped she was the one I was there for but then reality set in and I recognized the other one as the girl I had come for.

Everything about that trip set in motion what was to come. My failed romancing of the first girl that led to nothing but heartache, betrayal, debt, and me being used day after day for months. Yet I kept going back even though I knew it was bad for me. I was that stupid. It set up my deciding to move there to get away from life. It led to me ditching my friends for the flat open spaces of Utah. It led to months of fun but also pain. Losing my friends cause of my stupidity. Yet I found my heart again near the end as I finally realized who I wanted more.

One year and four months. That's how long Ingela Rundquist has officially had my heart. Sure it was hers before she or even I knew how we felt, but on that day that we came together I knew that my life had taken a change for the good at last. So many great things have come out of that day. More than I can ever do justice through words. Suffice it to say I'm a happy man cause of her, and that will never change. My heart is hers forever.

No comments: